Saving Energy: Cooling
Did you know that the biggest chunk of your energy bills goes to heating and cooling your home?
Typically, this can be as much as 44% of your energy bills! Having an inefficient system drains energy unnecessarily, and costs you money!
Michall Daimion Heating & Air can get you set up with the system you need to use energy wisely and get the results you deserve! We offer all sorts of solutions from tips and tricks, to tweaking your ductwork, to designing and installing entirely new systems!
Call us today to find out how we can help you save money on your energy bills!
- Utilize a whole-house fan to help cool your home by pulling cool air through the house and exhausting warm air through the attic. They are effective when operated at night and when the outside air temperature is cooler than the inside.
- Keep your thermostat settings as high as you comfortably can.
- Don't set your thermostat at a colder temperature setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and will waste energy by making your system run longer than it needs to to reach a comfortable temperature.
- Set the fan speed on high except when it's very humid. When it's humid set the fan speed on low for better cooling.
- Ceiling fans spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Keep lamps, TVs, and other heat-generating electronics away from your thermostat to ensure accurate readings.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units without blocking the airflow. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one operating in the sun.